wade simmons (unbalanced and biased... oh... don't forget, unfair)

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Invisible Dog Fence

So I decided to try an invisible dog fence since we have 3 acres that are currently unroamable (that is not a word is it?) by the dogs, except for Adelle who digs out of the dog yard and does whatever she pleases.

The hardest part of this thing is cutting groves through the driveway and then patching the asphalt after inserting the wire (antenna). I bought 1500 feet of wire which should be enough to let them run a bit.

Now a friend of mine said that his friend put one of these things in and the dog would stand close enough for the warning tone to sound. He would stand there until the sound went away (battery drained) and then just go were he pleased.

My dogs are really smart and I hope they don't figure that out. Well one dog has a tangerine for a brain so she will be ok.

Does anyone have experience with this type of dog fence? Please enlighten me on the best methods of training and use.

Also, I'm burning though masonry blades on my skill saw like crazy. Should I just break down and buy the expensive diamond blade? I've already spent the price on the cheap blades.

1 Comments:

  • I bought the diamond blade, which worked great and still exists with little wear. I had already gone through over $70 of cheap blades. The diamond blade was $50.

    Live and learn.

    By Blogger wade, at Fri Aug 26, 04:51:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home